Experimentation

Now that winter is approaching I have at last time to play. My first project was a lino-cut pomegranate. I wanted to try to lino print and have been playing with different medium. I used procion dyes with a rather old manutex mix. The results on paper were ok.paper print So I continued to print on fabric, which incidentally was dyed with pomegranates. Once printed I outline stitched and then started to embroider.P1130480Having got that far I decided to try using fabric paint which also worked relatively well.

print on red

Using up the paint at the end I had a shot at mono-printing on paper, the results of which pleased me.monoprint try

I now have a lot of ideas to develop further….

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s